Parks and Recreation
Pembroke residents enjoy use of several parks and recreational opportunities. Memorial Field along the Merrimack River boasts playing fields, a playground, basketball and volleyball courts, a pavilion, exercise course and boat launch.
The Public Works Department takes great pride in answering the residents needs. For more information visit Public Works Department.
The Town of Pembroke operates under a 5 member Board of Selectmen. Each year in March, the residents gather to vote on various items which then become the Town's budget to operate on. For more information visit the Board of Selectmen, Boards Commissions and Committees or Department sections of this site.
- M&M's Are a group of Seniors that gather to discuss various issues. For more information please call Linda Williams at Town Hall at 485-4747.
- Scouts- Tri-Town Girl Scouts, Pack 270 Cub Scouts and Troop 270 Boy Scouts are available in Pembroke.
- Baseball- Pembroke residents play Little League with Suncook Youth Baseball and Softball.
- Soccer- Suncook Youth Soccer offers fall recreational and travel soccer for children age 4-18.
- Basketball- Three Rivers School and Pembroke Academy offer basketball leagues for students in grades 6-12. The Recreation Commission offers basketball for residents in grades 3-5.
- Pembroke Historical Society is a group committed to protect and preserve Pembroke's History. To get involved or for more information, please call Linda Williams at 485-4747.
- Pembroke Women's Club
- Rod and Gun Club
The Pembroke Library is located at 313 Pembroke Street and offers many programs for residents of all ages. For more information please call 485-7851, or visit the Library web site.
Currently the Town of Pembroke does not provide Public Transportation.
Events and Activities
Two main community events held in town each year include Old Home Days in August and Christmas in the Village in December, which is organized by the Pembroke Women's Club. Additional events and activities are held throughout the year around town. For specifics visit the Community Organization web sites.
School-age children in Pembroke attend schools right here in Pembroke from Kindergarten through High School.
- K-1 attend the Village School on High Street
- 2-4 attend the Hill School on Belanger Drive
- 5-8 attend Three Rivers School on Academy Road
- 9-12 attend Pembroke Academy on Academy Road
The Town of Pembroke currently provides to residents based on location both services for Water and Sewer.
Tax Assessor Database
The Town of Pembroke provides it's residents with the opportunity to view assessment data throughout the Town. For more specifics, please Check the Tax Assessor Database for more information about individual properties.