The library recognizes the need for local groups to have a meeting place and all non-profit groups are welcome to request use of the meeting room. Wednesdays and Saturdays are reserved for library use. Please call the library at 485-7851 for the necessary form and for the availability of the facility. Groups that are for profit should call the library for pre-approval and information on fees. The following is the policy for meeting room use.
The Pembroke Town Library recognizes the rights of free speech and free assembly. Permission for a group to use library space does not mean that the library endorses the groups’ philosophies or objectives. No group may imply in publicity that the library is sponsoring or supporting a group without written permission from the Library Director and/or Board of Trustees
- Requests for use of the “Pine Grove Farm Room” must be submitted to the Library Director or designated staff person.
- A copy of the form for use of the room must be signed annually by the appropriate person who will be responsible for the event to be held. If this person changes, new forms must be completed.
- The library reserves the right to schedule library programs at any time. Affected organizations will be given as much prior notice as possible.
- Room reservations may be booked over the telephone, but are not definite until the appropriate form is signed and the fee (if applicable) is paid.
- The New Hampshire Room may be used only during library hours.
- No private parties are allowed.
- Non-compliance of the meeting room rules will result in the cancellation of a groups’ right to reserve a room.